Treating our moms can often be a difficult task. We get the, “I don’t need anything” or “don’t waste your money” responses, but maybe something homemade will do the trick. Even better, bring the treat to her and serve up some breakfast in bed. We’ve put together some delicious breakfast recipes that will surely bring a smile to her face.
You don’t need to be a kitchen maven to show your appreciation for mom. This first recipe is simple enough to make but beautiful enough to impress and can be made with what you have on hand. For these fancy toasts, we did raspberry with pistachios and almond butter with blueberries.
- GOOD bread (we used a bakery fresh multigrain)
- Spread (jam or nut butters are a good option)
- Fruit to top (we used berries, they’re not as messy to bite into)
- Garnish (chopped pistachios or a drizzle of honey adds a nice “fancy” touch)
- Toast bread to desired crispness.
- Spread with jam or nut butter.
- Top with fruit (get artistic!)
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios or drizzle with honey. Better yet, add both!
Q Tip: Really brighten up mom’s day with our Bistro Yellow Dinner Plate!
Mom deserves a little indulgence every now and then and these waffles are just the thing. Fluffy waffles are piled high and topped with whipped cream, sweetened strawberries, and drizzled with warm maple syrup. You’ll probably want to make some extra to “share.”
- 1 ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ¾ cup Milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil (we used canola)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pound sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Sweetened whip cream
- Real maple syrup (warmed)
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix egg yolks, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture until just combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into flour mixture. You may still see white streaks, that’s okay, you don’t want to overmix.
- Cook according to your waffle iron instructions.
- Mix strawberries, and add sugar.
- Allow strawberries to sit and develop a syrup while you cook the waffles.
- Serve the waffles piled up high, cover with whip cream, top with strawberries, and drizzle with warm maple syrup.
Q Tip: Indulge a little bit more by serving these waffles on gold! Our Moonbeam Dinner Plates in Gold Dots are the perfect setting.
Silver Dollar Pancakes
These bite sized delights are perfect for breakfast in bed. They’re easy to handle, adorable, and great to share with little ones. We served them with fruit, but they can also be served savory and topped with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup cake flour
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, baking soda, flour, sour cream, and sugar, and mix well
- Heat a griddle or frying pan until water droplets sizzle.
- Grease pan lightly and drop spoonfuls of batter onto the griddle. You want them to be about 2 ½ inches around.
- Once a few bubbles form on top of the pancakes, turn them over and finish cooking for about 30 seconds more.
- Serve with butter and warm syrup or get creative with fun toppings!