Memorial Day is almost here and that means it's time to fire up the grill! Whether you're celebrating with family or hosting a big crowd, here's some delicious recipes that will make a memorable party.
Grilled Cheese Wheel
Yes, you read that right. We’re taking a winter favorite and making it summer ready. Your guests will praise your ingenuity and no one will think of grilled cheese the same way again.
- A wheel of Camembert
- Olive oil
- Grilled baguette slices (for serving)
- Brush cheese wheel with olive oil.
- Grill cheese directly on oiled grates over indirect heat until warmed, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with grilled baguette slices.
Q Tip: Serve on our Ruffle White Round Platter.
BBQ Whole Chicken
I love to serve a whole chicken during get togethers. It looks really impressive and you satisfy both the white and dark meat lovers. This recipe does take a little bit longer than grilling up chicken breasts, but the result is unbelievably juicy and well worth the wait.
- 1 whole chicken (4-4 ½ lbs)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup barbecue sauce of your choice
- Set up grill for indirect grilling.
- Rinse chicken inside and out and dry thoroughly.
- Generously season inside and out with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Lightly oil hot grates.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on opposite side of grill from heat. Cover and grill until cooked through, or a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh registers 160 degrees, about 1 1/2 hours, rotating halfway through cooking (if using a charcoal grill, add a couple of handfuls of charcoal every half hour to maintain heat).
- About 15 minutes before chicken is done, brush with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
- Let chicken rest 20 minutes before carving.
Q Tip: Serve on our Potter Oval Platter in Terracotta.
Classic Potato Salad
No barbecue is complete without a heaping scoop of creamy potato salad. Sometimes things are a classic for a reason. This recipe is full of flavor and will have your guests coming for seconds!
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup green onion
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- Paprika, to taste
- Boil peeled potatoes in salted water until done. Cool to room temperature.
- Place diced potatoes in large bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in another bowl.
- Add to potatoes.
- Add celery and green onions and mix well.
- Gently stir in eggs.
- Sprinkle paprika on top.